Do you have a spirilizer yet? They are so fun. Mine attaches easily to my KitchenAid mixer, but there are others that are much more affordable and work just as well, like this one. My kids enjoy making noodles out of any vegetable we have in the fridge and enjoy eating them too!
Last week, I made zoodles (zucchini noodles) and swoodles (sweet potato noodles), fried them up in coconut oil, and topped them with this Nettle Pesto. My 6 year old daughter deemed this dinner ‘The Best Dinner Ever’, and I agree. You can make this dish low carb by omitting the yams and just using zoodles. Either way, you won't be disappointed.
- 1 large sweet potato
- 5 green or yellow zucchini (summer squash)
- coconut oil
- Using spirilizer or KitchenAid attachment (I used the blade for small core vegetables), spirilize each vegetable
- Heat oil over low- medium heat until melted
- Add swoodles and cook until tender but not mushy
- Remove swoodles and add zoodles
- Cook zoodles just a few minutes and remove pan from heat
- In medium bowl, combine swoodles and zoodles
- Eat plain or top with Spinach Cilantro Pesto or Stinging Nettle Pesto.
- Eat warm or serve cold!