My kids love making homemade treats for any and every occasion. Last week we made these cute treats. I also created a quick video that was super fun experience. You can subscribe to my YouTube channel and view the video here.
*This post contains affiliate links. I may receive monetary compensation when links are used. Your cost remains the same.*
* 1 Cup Water
* 3 TB gelatin
* I Cup Honey
* 1 tsp vanilla
* 5 TB coconut oil
* 5 TB carob
* 3 TB cocoa butter
1. Place 1/2 cup water and gelatin in bowl of stand mixer and allow to gel
2. Meanwhile, over medium heat, warm 1 cup honey and 1/2 cup water. Bring to soft ball stage (240°F)
3. Transfer honey into measuring cup with pour spout (I used a glass, pyrex measuring cup)
4. With mixer set on low and using beater attachment, slowly pour honey into gelatin mixture. As mixture thickens, increase speed. Marshmallow is ready when it sticks to beater attachment.
5. Using double boiler or pan with 2" of water and heat safe bowl placed above, melt together the carob, coconut oil, and cocoa butter.
6. Pour carob mixture into molds
7. Refrigerate until set.
8. Put marshmallow or any other filling you desire on top of hardened carob.
9. Pour remaining carob on top of filling and allow to harden.
10. Pop out and enjoy!